I’m sitting here in my office eating the best dip I’ve ever tried since looks bad tastes good Mexicorn dip (post on that later). My coworker’s wife made the a dip called Cowboy Caviar for his birthday treat in the office. It is so good, I couldn’t wait to post it.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 10 oz.)
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn kernels
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 bag (6 oz.) tortilla chips or 2 cups finely shredded cabbage (the one I tried didn’t have cabbage)
- 1. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, hot sauce, oil, garlic, and pepper. Peel, pit, and cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to vinegar mixture and mix gently to coat.
- 2. Drain and rinse peas and corn. Add peas, corn, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes to avocado; mix gently to coat. Add salt to taste. Serve pea mixture with chips as an appetizer, or add cabbage and mix to make a salad.
This recipe rocks! It was the perfect Friday-morning-at-work-pick-me-up, and I suggest you make some ASAP! Thanks for letting me share, now back to chasing hopper trucks at work…..if you are reading this and you drive a hopper, email me.
By Beth Holz