Well, it’s getting to be that time of year again… FINALS! Everybody knows that the last couple of weeks of school is the most stressful time for a student-between studies, work and trying to have somewhat of a social life. Reducing stress during this time will not only help your mental state, but also your academics. Here are a few ideas to help relieve some of that unwanted stress:
1) Music- your favorite kind or just something completely off the wall. When studying I listen to “Pirates of the Caribbean” station on Pandora. This type of music is scientifically proven to help you remember more while studying.
2) Watch a movie- either a new one or an old favorite.
3) Go on a walk/run- get some fresh air and move around.
4) Take a hot shower- relax those muscles. Most people don’t have time during the day to take a minute for themselves, so use this time to clear your mind and try to start new!
5) Humor board on Pinterest (My personal favorite)- get a good laugh in before studying (or even while studying)
6) Have dinner with a friend
7) Take breaks during studying- don’t try to learn it all at once… it won’t happen!
I have found these to be very helpful for me, but remember they might not work for everybody. Give them a try, you never know! Good luck on finals everybody!
Image cited: http://www.fullpunch.com